Fasting   Nutrition   Addiction   Recipes   Spiritual   Shopping   Meet Us   Contact Us   Home    FY Bulletin Board
Board index Freedomyou Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

Water fasting while working

Get fasting answers from people with experience.

Moderators: Freedomyou Admin, heavnbnd24

Water fasting while working

Postby Daisyduke on Sun May 27, 2007 11:28 am

Hello! Thank you all so very much for this forum. I find it very informative. I'm wondering if anyone has water fasted at work. Is it possible to do? I'm a school teacher with just a few days left, but I'd like to get started on my fast now. Thank you!
Love, Tammy
Daisyduke

Postby heavnbnd24 on Sun May 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi Tammy!

I find water/juice fasting very easy to do while working. It's actually much easier to "take in" water/juice than to sit down and eat! If you are wondering about how you'll "feel" while water fasting and how it could effect your work, that's an area of discussion that many folks like to chat about.

Here's the common things to expect over the first 3-4 days (although not everyone will experience them):

1) Lightheadedness or dizziness (low blood sugar)
2) Constant hunger
3) Detox

Generally, the lightheadness comes and goes and is not a real issue. The hunger we can get through without any distraction. The detox is the one area that can cause the most concern. It CAN produce flu-like symptoms (muscle aches & headaches) that can make it more difficult to work. It's a process of ridding the body of toxic waste and surfaces in a variety of ways. Some experience flu-like symptoms, others develop "head-cold" symptoms, others have skin eruptions or a combination of all three. It's very individual. What helps tremendously is Milk Thistle for the liver. I've written about it several times on the posts and find it the most effective tool to lessen the symptoms.

I often planned my fasts around my "work days" so that days 3-4 landed on the weekend. Those were my days that detox usually hit. For most folks it lasts about 1-3 days but is most difficult on the first day it hits. Now that my system is much less toxic than is used to be, I don't expereince the detox like I did the first several fasts. Keeping a clean system (free of junk food, sugar, red meats, alcohol, meds, etc.) is key to not going through the detox like the first time.

If you're not a seasoned faster, or one who is not yet "detoxed", I'd suggest a "mostly" juice fast over a pure water fast. It takes a bit of getting used to to handle only a water fast. Detox will still occur with juice but it won't be quite as harsh. Even after several years of fasting, I still put a wee bit of juice in my water bottles (3-4 oz. of juice per 12 oz. water). I've written on the PRECAUTIONS TO WATER FASTING on the forum topics and continue to suggest them.

Once you are past the 4-7 day mark, water fasting is as comfortable as any other. I know how it can be difficult fasting at work but it's very doable when you understand what can occur. The juice affords the extra nutrients to keep things stable. You may want to add the juice during the hours at work and then switch to water only at home. Do consider the Milk Thistle. I take 300 mg. every 3-4 hours the first 3-4 days and then back off to 300 mg. day for the next several. It works beautifully! The liver gets the most brunt of the fast and needs ample support. Although it's doing it's job to filter toxins, the fast brings them on at a much faster rate than some livers "should" handle. Helping it out a bit is a good thing!

Blessings to you ~ :D Judy
To God be the glory in all that I say and do!
Thank you, Sweet Jesus!
heavnbnd24
Site Admin

Thank you!

Postby Daisyduke on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi Judy -
Thanks so much for the reply! I'm going to start my 21 day fast tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this. I have only 2 more days of work, and then I can spend the rest of the time fasting and resting. Thanks, again, for the support! Tammy
Daisyduke

Postby heavnbnd24 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:11 pm

YEAH! So glad you are about to begin the journey of a lifetime! I think ALL fasts are a journey of a lifetime! No two are alike and all bring such revelation.

Blessings as you BEGIN with a heart of purpose. We're here to raise you up and help you soar! Stay FOCUSED and God will walk you through to victory...one day at a time.

:D Judy
To God be the glory in all that I say and do!
Thank you, Sweet Jesus!
heavnbnd24
Site Admin

Return to Fasting Questions